Your Avian Vet, Dr Terry Martin has a wealth of experience in avian veterinary medicine.
When coming to an appointment at Middle Road Vet, please make sure we do the following;
- Please bring me in my regular cage so Dr Terry can examine my home.
- If the bird’s home is too large to transport, then a smaller cage that is suitable to house the bird for a couple of days must be used.
- The cage should have an appropriate sized door, with perches, food and water containers
- Empty water container and place back in the cage while travelling.
- Leave normal food in my cage
- Don’t clean my cage. Place fresh paper over the bottom of the cage 2 hours before travel if possible. If not, place fresh paper in the cage regardless. This allows Dr Terry to examine droppings and to conduct a thorough examination.
- Do not remove any other play toys or items in the cage.
An adult cage bird presented without a cage cannot be examined by the vet.
- Nestling being hand reared should be brought in their hand rearing box
- Non cage bird species (for example, Poultry) are best transported in a cat carrier or similar
Middle Road Veterinary Hopsital
phone 3802 1155.